Get up, get out, & get moving –
The days are becoming longer, the nights warmer, and we can finally put our heavy coats and gloves back in the closet!
Spring is a time for new starts, planning for the year, and especially getting out of the house after the long winter hibernation.
With warmer temperatures, you can spend more time outside, without freezing your feet off, which is great for mental health.
Research has found that taking a walk outdoors slows your heart rate and makes you more relaxed. By spending 30 minutes or more outside in warm, sunny spring weather, increases your mood and betters your memory. They also found that being outdoors broadens your mind, leaving you more open to fresh information and creative thoughts.
Spring is a time for renewal!
What may need renewed in your home?
Bolden’s Carpet Cleaning Service pricing:
Here at Bolden’s, we charge our carpet cleaning services by the square foot.
We only charge you for the areas we actually touch and clean as opposed to wall-to- wall. For example: in bedrooms, we do not move beds, dressers, “stationary” items…we only clean the traffic lanes and that is all we charge you for.
In addition, we give the customer a 20% discount off that cost if you remove small items such as dining room chairs, end tables, coffee table, breakables, floor plants, small items, as well as pay at the time of completion.
Average drying time is between 12-24 hours, but we would like you to wait 24 hours if you could before you put back those items that you took out yourself…just to make sure the carpet is 100% dry before the legs of furniture compress the carpet again.
Is Hiring a Carpet Cleaning Company worth it?
Hiring a carpet cleaning professional such as Bolden’s will give your carpet a thorough cleaning and could even extend their longevity. Compared to do-it-yourself rental equipment, a carpet cleaning service’s equipment and tools are professional grade, which gives you a higher level of cleanliness, improved moisture removal, and better
sanitizing. In addition, professional cleaning will save you time and hassle of doing a labor-intensive chore yourself.
Freshen Up those Ducts –
You know it is time for our air duct cleaning Spring services if you notice or experience any of the following tell-tale signs in your home…these can be contributing factors to dirty air ducts:
- Poor airflow and/or inconsistent temperature throughout your home.
- Dirty or dusty vent covers and ventilation filters.
- There are “dust bunnies” under furniture or along the wall.
- Dust, patterns, or lines on the walls, ceiling, or flooring in areas around the airvents.
- An increased number of colds, allergies, or asthma and bronchial episodes inyour family.If you notice that your energy cost to keep the HVAC system operating at its normal settings increases, this is an indication that your vents are dirty or blocked, or your ductwork is dirty and in need of air duct cleaning services.Also keep in mind, if you have had flooding in your home or water damage…that can cause debris to build up in your ductwork. As you go about repairing any water damage, keep in mind that your HVAC system will also benefit from our duct cleaning service.If you are doing any remodeling in your home, you are kicking up extra dust and debris which can collect in the HVAC system. Take advantage of our services to get your system back to its optimal level of efficiency and performance.
Heating and cooling costs are a substantial chunk of the energy bill, so do your wallet and your home a favor by getting the air and AC duct cleaning services that your home needs. If you let your home go too long without service, dust, dirt, and debris build up in the system and it keeps fresh air from flowing freely throughout your home. This makes your AC system work overtime just to maintain the basic level of cooling or heating comfort you normally expect. Without regular maintenance, this build-up and strain on your AC system could result in permanent damage to your HVAC system.
To open your windows or not…
When thinking about humidity, most likely you are thinking about outside and not inside your home. However, humidity can affect the amount of moisture in the air inside your home as well.
Ideally, your home should have a relative humidity reading between 35% and 55%. If you have hardwoods, it is even more important to maintain.
Too high, or too low, there can be some significant issues with hardwood flooring. Affordable countertop hydrometers to monitor the humidity within your home can be found at most any hardware store or online.
What you might not think about is if you open your windows on a warm but damp day, but you are letting the high humidity inside your home that occurs naturally. When the humidity inside your home climbs above 55%, hardwood flooring can begin to swell as it absorbs that moisture in the air. When the humidity drops below 35% hardwood flooring can dry out, which can lead to the weakening of the boards. Weakening of the boards is possible to crack and/or splinter. A wide cycle of humidity change on hardwood flooring can also lead to wide gaps within the joints of the hardwood boards over time. Levels can be adjusted down when high with a home dehumidifier and when it is low with a home humidifier.